I’m celebrating 12×12 in 2012 for Twelve Special Reasons with my first post EVER because
1. 12×12 has been an amazing Challenge;
2. The 12×12 Community has restored my belief that Life is not a Competition – I so love the Camaraderie of this Group;
3. 12×12 posts have taught me so much about writing and revising Picture Books, not to mention bringing new meaning to the terms pitch & query;
4. The 12×12 Monthly Guest Bloggers have shared so much wisdom (and goodies!);
5. I’ve met, and followed, so many amazing Blogs that I’ve discovered through the 12×12 Community;
6. I’ve followed so many Peeps & learned so much from them, too;
7. Through the 12×12 Facebook group, I learned about the SCBWI NJ Conference last June, where I met so many amazing authors, agents & publishers;
8. 12×12 has given me the Courage to try other Challenges: the March Madness Poetry Contest (my claim to fame is submitting “bovine” for the final round); the Colgate Writers Conference; Short & Sweets on Susanna Leonard Hill’s blog; several submissions to RateYourStory.com; PiBoIdMo;
9. Did I mention I managed 31 ideas during PiBoIdMo 2012, even though I was traveling for almost a week in November?
10. Starting a Facebook page for Two Orange Pups, where I share my love of KidLit with my love of all things canine (and have even published a poem or two there);
11. When people ask (and sometimes even when they don’t), I now have the Courage to say that I’m a Picture Book Writer;
12. I want to say a huge THANK YOU to Julie; you are AMAZING!
13. I’m so looking forward to 12×12 in 2013 – REALLY!
So, who noticed that I listed Thirteen reasons for celebrating? Why, you wonder? Twelve plus One for Good Luck to us all in 2013!
Wonderful baker’s dozen of 12×12 benefits, Patricia! I’m so glad to have come to know you over the past year, and I’m delighted that you’ve started blogging! Here’s to a wonderful year just past, and another wonderful year about to begin!
First post!! Yay! I’m in on the ground floor. The 2 Orange Pups must be so proud! 13 special reasons to celebrate! Congratulations!
I heart your no. 2 and especially your No. 11. You are a picture book writer!
These are 12 fabulous reasons to celebrate. i am happy to be celebrating with you and to be a part of your first blog post. That is so exciting!
What a wonderful list. I love this one, “The 12×12 Community has restored my belief that Life is not a Competition – I so love the Camaraderie of this Group.” Me, too. Me, too.
Hey- picture book writer you! What a wonderful list to celebrate Patricia. Congrats on all your accomplishments this year. And happy belated 1st post day 🙂
Great minds think alike. Our party posts are similar, including that we both started our blogs with the celebration of 12 x 12 in 2012. Congratulations on your accomplishments and all that you gained by being in this wonderful group. Best of luck as you move forward.
Congratulations on the new blog and I love the header, Patricia!
13 is a great number. You ARE a picture book writer and I am so glad we have gotten to know you and the pups this year!
Congrats on your first post, it was lovely. I really liked #2 and #11. Best of luck in 2013.
A fellow canine-loving picture book writer! I’m not on Facebook yet (just started my blog this week!) so I’m glad to “meet” you through the 12×12 link list.
Great list — I also totally agree with #2. What a group! Congratulations on starting your blog and finishing the challenge!
Congrats Patricia. Really like Nr. 11! Love your blog’s title too!
Love you 13 points – and I’m the 13th comment (I think). Congratulations on your first post and completing the challenge.
Congratulations! Here’s to a fabulous 2013!
WAHOO – Your very first blog post!! *throwing confetti*
I’m so glad you joined 12 x 12 and that we actually got to meet in person in New Jersey. That is quite a list of achievements you’ve piled up for this year. Good for you, you PICTURE BOOK WRITER! 🙂
13 fabulous reasons for celebration! It’s been great getting to know you this year!
Congratulations on all your accomplishments + a new blog! It looks great!
CONGRATULATIONS! What an amazing list of accomplishments for 2012.
Wow! Congrats on the brand new blog! And BIG congrats on your 12 x 12 success!
Wonderful job on your first post, Patricia! And yes, 12×12 has been such a boost (along with PiBoIdMo) for my writing, too. Glad you are on board…see you in 2013!